Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Crooks and Liars » ‘Fourth Branch’ Cheney strikes again

Crooks and Liars » ‘Fourth Branch’ Cheney strikes again:

"Q: But you are principally a part of the executive branch, are you not?
CHENEY: Well, I suppose you could argue it either way. The fact is I do work
in both branches. Under the Constitution, I’m assigned responsibilities in the
legislative branch. Then the President obviously gives me responsibilities in
the executive branch. And I perform both those functions, although I think it
would be fair to say I spend more time on executive matters than legislative
matters."


So tell me again how he is not a part of the executive branch of the government. I think that the simple solution to this would be that since he has two offices, mandate that each serve its own branch. That way what ever is done at the vice presidents office at the legislature will be clear of White House over sight, and what ever happens at the White House office, since it would all be executive functions would fall under the over sight of the executive branch.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile