Saturday, July 14, 2007
"Brandon Davis who is the grandson to oil billionaire Marvin Davis, is
reportedly broke. According to Page Six, several sources are saying that Davis
who gave Lindsay Lohan a hard time for not having money, calling her a
'firecrotch' has apparently been cut off by his family. His so-called friends
like Paris Hilton and Stavros Niarchos haven't been taking his calls."
Not only is he oily, he is broke and he still has a girl friend. Ok, I think in a couple days I will get over the shock that Greasy Bear has a girl friend. If this turns out to be true, and he isn't rich anymore, does that mean he won't be a celebrity anymore.
"'Clive Davis at 80 is better than 99 percent of the people in the music
business in their 20s, 30s and 40s . . . and he's not 80 . . . [Davis] is the
boss of the record company, and it's his job to advise.'"
It really wasn't a good idea for Kelly to trash her boss, he may be old, but it is his job to decide what he thinks is going to sell on his label. If he is wrong, then he suffers, if he is right than his company is a success. I am unsure of her contract details, but if she is unhappy with his leadership, she can choose a new label.
"I am now moving on to an exciting new challenge at the LA Galaxy. So far,
everyone has been amazing, and my family and myself have been made to feel
extremely welcome. I now have a great opportunity to raise the profile of
football in America, (or soccer I should say!) and that’s something I’m
genuinely excited about."
Welcome to America, yeah we have another game that goes by the name football, it's lame. I think soccer is the only real sport in the world, well that and chess right. Hope you enjoy your new home, keep your wife away from the guys of Hollywood.
“I almost got killed. We’re walking along the street and I’m an idiot because
the light turns green and a van screeches (to a halt). I walked past the van and
realized, ‘Oh my God, I’m in the middle of an intersection and they’ve got a green light and I
decided to cross.’ As soon as I pass the van, a Mercedes Benz is about to clip
me in the knees, and I’m like, ‘I’m about to die.’ “So all of a sudden you freeze and think to yourself, `Can I outrun it? No. Am I going to break my legs? Probably.’ And what do I do? This is so cool of me because you realize the kind of person you are. I leaped up onto the car and I bounced and I flew all the way across the intersection. And I land right on my butt in the middle of the intersection. ‘Am I dead? No I’m not dead. Do I have any bones broken? No. Purse still intact.’"
Sounds like someone needs to be reminded that they should look both ways before crossing the street, or they could just pay attention to the traffic signals. Maybe she will make a PSA about how to cross streets safely.
"Here is an example of one late night MySpace message from Lohan to Ronson,
'Your [sic] all I have to live for, babe. I want to marry you and have children
with you.' Sources say that the 21 year old actress has also been in many fights
over the web with the 29 year old Samantha, Lindsay types, 'Babe don't leave me
I [insert 'f' word] LOVE YOU!'"
First of Lindsay sweetie, don't you know that you can't post anything on the internet in any shape or form and expect that it will remain private. Second, it is being said that this is a smoking gun proving that she and Ronson are gay lovers. While that may be true, it may also be true that they are just two womyn that have a friendly love for each other.
"Larry Charles, director of Borat and a writer and producer for Seinfeld
and Curb Your Enthusiasm, is teaming up with comedian Bill Maher (HBO's Real
Time with Bill Maher) for a new film about God and religion. Their goal: make it
I think Bill Maher can make anything funny. I hope that this project pans out, I think it will be a great project and fun to watch.
"'It changed my life. I didn't have a good grip on it and I needed to get my
shit together. I was going out too much and I had too much pressure on my
shoulders. I was not that happy and I needed to go to that place to be happy. If
I get stressed out I say a serenity prayer. I meditate too. I was going out with
someone and they said I should read Machiavelli and I was like, 'nah', and then
I was, 'OK, I'll read it' and now it is always with me.'"
This is interesting reading material for the young star, I would see this as something that Angelina would be more likely to be reading. I have read the Prince, and maybe I should read it again because I don't see how it is a self help book.
"“They don’t want anything left to chance,” an insider told The ENQUIRER. “They
are straightening out all their financial arrangements before the big day so
they can kiss at the altar knowing they have taken care of every eventuality.
After all, they have both been there before and know what can happen, and even
though they love each other, it hasn’t been a picture-perfect life. Brad and Angelina
have had their share of fights over everything from how to raise the kids to
jealousies- especially over Jennifer Aniston. Although they’ve denied they plan to get
married the prenup proves they have changed their minds.”"
These are not the first rumors of a marriage between these two hot Hollywood stars, and while I am not saying that they will never get married, I am sceptical. I don't think I will believe the gossip until I see the pictures, I see the ring, and it is officially declared.
Tancredo Introduces Legislation to Preclude Citizenship for Babies Born to Undocumented - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime
"His latest is to introduce a bill that he knows will not pass but hopes will
push emotional buttons back into overdrive.
Everybody knows that if you are
born in this country, you automatically are a U.S. citizen. Under Tancredo's bill, a baby
born to undocumented residents would be stripped of citizenship."
This is not who we are as a country and I don't think this is the kind of country that Americans want to live in. Taking a stand like this on such a touchy issue can be done by someone with such a small chance of winning the White House. He should be aware of the fact that from this point on he has no chance of winning.
"For a few days there, Mike Gravel's race to become the Democratic presidential
nominee was in mortal danger. You see, Gravel wasn't invited to the upcoming
gay-issue presidential debate hosted by the Human Rights Campaign, and he was
hopping mad. HRC argued that the debate, initially, was only one hour long, and they wanted to limit it to serious candidates - as Gravel hadn't raised much money, he didn't
make the cut. A number of gay bloggers jumped in to the fray in Gravel's defense,
and the HRC relented (it didn't hurt that the debate is now 1.5 hours, giving more time for the major candidates to be pressed on their gay views)."
Common haven't you seen this guys campaign ad, he doesn't say much. Just make sure that the debate has a wishing pond for him to throw some coins in, wishing for the election is his best chance of winning, and he will be happy. Seriously though, I understand the concern about their being so many voices on the stage, but the candidates who feel like there are too many people running could make it so there were fewer. All they have to do is drop out of the race. To be honest, I think Gravel would be a great president, every once in a while he would have a press conference and throw rocks into the reflecting pond in the capital mall.
"In the final days of his imploding candidacy, John McCain has taken a page out
of Richard Nixon's play book, finding increasingly bizarre explanations for his
political failures. Strangest of all: He reportedly feels his handlers forced
him to wear 'gay sweaters.'"
You remember that scene in Tin Cup where he is on the last hole, and all of a sudden he doesn't care about winning, he is going to try and make a hole in one. I think McCain is at a similar point in his campaign, he doesn't care about winning, he is going to offend as many voting blocks as he can.
"RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) — Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore ended his
long-shot campaign for the presidency on Saturday."
Who is this? I didn't even know that he was running.
"In plain English, this means that traders are currently setting a 35 percent
likelihood that a formal announcement about Couric’s departure will be made
before January 1, 2008."
Place your bets...
"Ted Rall has created some truly offensive cartoons and articles during his
career. However, this might be one of the most disgraceful statements made by a
media representative since this war began "
There are a number of problems with this cartoon.
1) While the majority of suicide bombers are male, it is not unusual for womyn to carry out these acts as well.
2) Is the cartoonist suggesting that there isn't anything that you should be willing to die for, your family, your country, or the ideas of freedom and democracy?
3) To suggest that all of our troops believe in god is just absurd, while I have to admit that I don't know how many of them do or don't, statistical theory would suggest that it should be close to the average for society. Not all Americans believe in God, I see no reason to believe that all of our troops believe in god.
4) Again this is a gross generalisation about the troops and what motivates them to fight. The cartoonist starts from the idea that he doesn't believe in the cause in Iraq, From there he concludes that no one could believe in the cause, and thus the troops must be fighting to avenge 9/11.
5) Respecting the president because he is the president is no more blind than hating the president because he is the president.
6) You only have to look to the recent attacks in the UK to see that poverty is not a universal trait in suicide bombers. Studies done by Israel have shown that the majority of the bombers that attack them do not come from poor families.
7) Lots of cultures believe in an afterlife, is it silly to lump them all together in the manner that the cartoonist has done.
8) The cartoonist is of course suggesting that the lives of our soldiers have been wasted, and that they have died for no reason. I strongly question his credentials for making such a statement.
There are clear differences between our soldiers and the enemy we face in Iraq, and around the world.
1) Yes, American soldiers are willing to die for a cause, but the cause that our soldiers fight and die for is freedom and democracy, and we should be thankful that they do. The cause that the terrorists fight and die for is control, and submission to their model of society.
2) There are strong differences in the gods that modern Christians (note I am talking about modern Christians), and the god that the terrorists believe in. Terrorists believe in a god that orders the death of all those who oppose you. Modern Christians believe in a god that asks you to love those that oppose you.
3) While it is true that Christians, among other faiths believe in an afterlife, again the nature of that afterlife is very different than that of the terrorists. In the Christian afterlife, a soul will face judgement for the sins that it has committed, and it is believed that a Christian god has mercy on those who take shelter in him. The god of the terrorists rewards the death of a warrior, and rewards him for killing others. When you look at modern beliefs, Islam is alone in this belief that in killing your opponents you secure for yourself a place in heaven.
4) It could be said that America does not give its soldiers the respect that they deserve. However, the terrorists strap bombs to their followers, and send them out to die for the cause, their lives are meaningless except as a way to further their own goals. The lives of American soldiers are sacrificed, and respected far more than that, we do not leave men in the theater of combat to die alone if we can save them. We do not send them unarmed and unprotected into the middle of an ambush that they can only die in.
"New couple alert! 45-year-old Meg Ryan and 37-year-old Matthew Perry are
rumored to be 'canoodling' in private. UsWeekly reports that the two are currently involved
in a secret yet casual relationship for 5 months."
Meg Meg Meg..... WHY???????????????????????