Saturday, August 18, 2007

Think Progress » McCain: ‘I Was The Greatest Critic’ Of The Iraq War Over The Last Four Years

Think Progress » McCain: ‘I Was The Greatest Critic’ Of The Iraq War Over The Last Four Years:

"“But I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as
liberators.” [NBC, 3/20/03]

“It’s clear that the end is very much in sight.” [ABC, 4/9/03] “There’s not
a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they
can probably get along.” [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

“This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam
Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their
cooperation.” [This Week, ABC, 12/14/03]

“I’m confident we’re on the right course.” [ABC News, 3/7/04]

“I think the initial phases of it were so spectacularly successful that it
took us all by surprise.” [CBS, 10/31/04]

“I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think
a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the
course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent.” [The Hill,
12/8/05]"


Was John McCain ever against the war like he claims. I personally don't care if he was or was not for the war all along, reasonable people can disagree. What does concern me is if he is telling us the truth about where he stood on the issue.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile