Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Crooks and Liars » Mitch McConnell Press Conference: Al-Qaeda Baby!

Crooks and Liars » Mitch McConnell Press Conference: Al-Qaeda Baby!:

"McConnell: “Those reports will be before the Congress next week..ugh..I
think most of my members are actually interested in what the facts are. I don’t
think most of them have made up their minds before they get the reports and
they’re intensely interested in what’s going to be in these two reports to
Congress and I think that will largely determine where the majority of our
members come out. And of course we haven’t heard from the President either about
what he thinks is the way forward. I can tell you what I would personally like
to see if that’s worth anything to you. I would like to see us with at least
some level of bi-partisan agreement that we need a long term deployment
somewhere in the Middle East in the future for two reasons…Al Qaeda and
Iran."


I think if we abandon the region, it will create a backlash against us in the nations in the region that will suffer. Iran would get more powerful, Al-Qaeda would not stop hating America or planning attacks on America. They would only have more power, more money and a message that America deserted its friends when they were in need. We cannot abandon the region and we cannot abandon Iraq.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile