Saturday, July 12, 2008

Newsvine - Is "black hole" a racially insensitive term?

Newsvine - Is "black hole" a racially insensitive term?:

"Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central
collections 'has become a black hole' because paperwork reportedly has become
lost in the office.
Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted
him with a loud 'Excuse me!' He then corrected his colleague, saying the office
has become a 'white hole.'"


This reminds me of a story about my sister when she was little. Her middle name is Jean and mine is Adams - it relates. My mother said that something ran in the genes, my sister who heard this said, "it runs in the Adamses too." She was young she misunderstood the use of the word, this man, doesn't have that to explain his sillyness.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile