Wednesday, June 20, 2007

ABC News: Presidential Prelude? NYC Mayor Bloomberg Leaves GOP

ABC News: Presidential Prelude? NYC Mayor Bloomberg Leaves GOP:

"'Although my plans for the future haven't changed, I believe this brings
my affiliation into alignment with how I have led and will continue to lead our
city,' he said in a statement."


Time magazine has Bloomberg and Arnold Schwarzenegger on the cover with a headline that says, who needs Washington. What these two events put together tell me is that Washington is becoming a place where you go, and you get nothing done. I think with the road block that has become national politics, more of more of the real issues are going to be dealt with by state and other local governments. I think that Bloomberg is pulling out of the party because he doesn't need the party, he doesn't need to be a part of the national system of the two parties with the focus on Washington. Real work, honest government and accomplishment take compromise, something that is impossible in Washington anymore.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile