Sunday, July 22, 2007

Crooks and Liars » FOX News desperately wants the base to forget Thompson’s lobbyist activities

Crooks and Liars » FOX News desperately wants the base to forget Thompson’s lobbyist activities:

"HUME: This is not an abortion scandal, in my view. This is a billing scandal.
And what I think this tells us is…it may tell us the extent to which clients are
sometimes billed for work done by the people they engage–lawyers, lobbyists and
the rest–that is so insignificant that the person doing it, they don’t even
remember. I believe Thompson didn’t remember this, and I don’t believe he did
very much for that abortion group"


First of all Fred Thompson is not an outsider, he is an insider. Which I don't see as a problem in itself, the problem is the lie and the image that he is attempting to sell to the American people.

Second, if what they are saying here is true, then this is a trait that makes me want to not trust him to be the president. They are saying that this event was too little for him to take notice or to remember, what will be the little things that a president has to do that will be overlooked and forgotten?

I know that I have said this before, but a large part of issues like this that bother me is what I expect from a leader. I want someone who is going to stand up there and accept the responsibility for the action being taken. Without lies or twisting the facts, stand up before the people and tell them the truth about what happened, and why you made the choices you did at the time, and how you feel about those choices now. I think that is something that the American people will respect more than any amount of dodging of the issues.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile