Saturday, August 4, 2007

White House spokesman Tony Snow wrote for "vile" hate site - AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth

White House spokesman Tony Snow wrote for "vile" hate site - AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth:

"Bill O'Reilly has a problem with 'hate sites' like, he says, FreeRepublic.com. Then why doesn't O'Reilly call out White House spokesman Tony Snow who posted on FreeRepublic.com for years?"


Another day and another attack in the blog wars.

On a serous note I think that one of the problems that we are seeing here is that people are not used to the nature of the internet yet. For example, if I am talking about the president with a friend of mine over the phone, and I happen to be in a bad mood say "someone should do us all a favor and drown him in that bath tub Grover Norquist wants us to drown government in". Do I mean it? no. Would I actually support it? No. It is just something that went through my head when I was upset, and since it was on the phone other than my friend no one knows I said it. However when you are on the internet it is all different. Suppose you are reading this and you see what I said about the president and agree, but you want to add something to it. You leave a comment that says, "make sure you throw a toaster into the water with him". Everyone will be able to read that comment (on a side note I do not publish comments of this nature), not only will everyone be able to read it today, but tomorrow. In fact next year, when someone is going along on the internet, they may come across your comment and think - wow that guy is really hateful. Does someone mean it anymore just because it is typed, than when it is said, I don't think so. It is only more permanent.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile