Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Andy Rooney Gets Pass for Racial Slur About Hispanic Baseball Players | NewsBusters.org

Andy Rooney Gets Pass for Racial Slur About Hispanic Baseball Players NewsBusters.org:

"My disinterest in baseball as a kid has lasted all my life. I'm still not
interested in the game. I don't watch it on television or follow it in the
newspaper. I know all about Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, but today's baseball stars
are all guys named Rodriguez to me. They're apparently very good but they
haven't caught my interest."


Where's Al Sharpton, if this had been said about black players, if he had said that all the basketball players these days are named Jamal, you would hear from Al. I think that if Andy got a pass from this, it isn't because he is a liberal, so was Imus. It is because there aren't powerful Hispanic groups that will come out, like there are for African-Americans.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile