Wednesday, August 1, 2007

IowaPolitics.com: Tancredo says threat of attack on holy sites would deter terrorism

Iowa Politics: IowaPolitics.com: Tancredo says threat of attack on holy sites would deter terrorism

"'If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of
that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and
Medina,' the GOP presidential candidate said. 'That is the only thing I can
think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I
am wrong fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had
better find a deterrent or you will find an attack. There is no other way around
it. There have to be negative consequences for the actions they take. That's the
most negative I can think of.'"


I am dumbfounded by a statement like this, all at once he shows that he cannot be trusted to understand the nature of the enemy we face, and his own decision making process. I am thinking that Rudy may no longer rate as the scariest person in this race, and that is saying a lot.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile