Friday, August 31, 2007

Reid Ready To Haggle With Antiwar Republicans | Air America Radio

Reid Ready To Haggle With Antiwar Republicans Air America Radio:

"After not being able to persuade the Republicans to agree with Reid’s proposal
for a springtime troop withdrawal, Senator Harry Reid said he will compromise
with them. Reid said, 'I don't think we have to think that our way is the only
way. I'm not saying, 'Republicans, do what we want to do.' Just give me
something that you think you would like to do, that accomplishes some or all of
what I want to do.'"


I am against congress stepping into the war process, but I think what is more important is the congressional process. What I mean by that is that Democrats and Republicans need to start working together again to get things done. There must be some ground that can be found that is shared between the parties. There must be a meeting point that will address the concerns of both parties. While some on the left will accuse him of selling out, what Reid is doing is important for our democracy.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile