Friday, November 16, 2007

Paper blasted for not naming adults linked to girl's suicide

Paper blasted for not naming adults linked to girl's suicide

"Every day newspaper journalism as we know it gets one step closer to death, as
readers turn to blogs and TV and other media for information. This wimp of an
editor, who doesn't have the guts to name the wrongdoers involved, has just
hastened our eventual demise by at least another week or two."


I don't understand why the reporter choose to not name the couple. What they have done may not be criminal, but it is morally wrong. If I were the family of that girl, I would be filing a civil wrongful death lawsuit against them. Doing the story without the name, just doesn't make sense to me. If the writer was concerned about the well being of the couple, they should have thought about the girls well being. I hope that they are publicly scorned for this.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile