Saturday, March 17, 2007

O'Reilly: Stupid Celebrities Slam Bush in Immature Ways

While I understand what O'Reilly is saying, I defend everyones right to free speech. I think the whole political discussion in this country has turned into playground name calling and is it hurting our political process. Does that mean that celebrities should not insult the president, or call him names? I think they should be free to do so. The millions of people they speak too, either agree with them or they don't, does O'Rielly really think that millions of Americans are stupid enough to think that the president is a retard because Chris Rock says so? I disagree with the president on many things, and when I hear these names, it makes me wish we could bring the discussion to a level of real topics. Hearing the names that people call Hillary Clinton does not change what I think about her, discussion of what she stands for does. In the end I think that I would look down on someone for using that nature of language more than I would the target of the language.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile