Saturday, May 19, 2007

Talk Back

Anonymous said...
The real scandal is Fox News Corp trying smear Ron Paul by
trying to link Congressman Paul to so-called groups.The truth, which is apparent
to anyone that has read any of Dr. Paul's OP-eds, speeches and/or Congressional
Record is that he has never made any reference any conspiracy theories. Paul's
positions and statements are pretty clear, look them up yourself.But, having
said all that, Ron Paul isn't going to demonize people that hold opinions that
aren't in the mainstream or widely accepted. He's going to shake their hand, a
hear what they have to say. It's called being polite and being a statesman.The
idea of freedom crosses many boundaries.

Well that is just how Fox operates and you are right that they are creating a strawman argument to defeat what he is saying. The thing is I don't even think that they need to do that. I think that his argument as I understand it is flawed, that if we never had taken action in the middle east, we would never have been attacked. It is far too simplistic to even suggest we could have avoided being involved in the region. We have made bad choices in the region, but I don't think that is the sole reason that the terrorists are attacking us.

Evorgleb said...
I was just over at Highbrid Nation and they have been doing some interesting
coverage of the Mumia case. Like them I also have mixed feeling on the case. I
don't to see any man executed but just because he should not be executed does
that mean that he wasn't wrong. I don't know.

I am torn about the Death Penalty (GIVE EM THE DP). Hey who let Nancy Grace in here?

What is the point of the DP? Is it a form of punishment? Is it a way of saying that you did this crime to someone and for that you deserve to die? Is it a deterrent? Is it population control for prisons? Is it anything more than just revenge, and is revenge ok? (GIVE EM THE DP) Thanks Nancy...

I have a hard time because this in an issue where logic tells you one thing. That it doesn't prevent crime and it doesn't solve the original crime. On the other hand emotionally I can see how if someone committed a crime like that against someone I care about I would want them dead. There are times when I don't know if a person deserves to live for crimes that they have done. That if they sit in jail, one day they might escape or be released, and that they will be taken care of by the tax payers that they violated.


No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile