Sunday, June 10, 2007

Media Matters - Cavuto falsely claimed Edwards "used" Hilton sentence to make "class argument"

Media Matters - Cavuto falsely claimed Edwards "used" Hilton sentence to make "class argument"

Reporter: Senator, you speak all the time about two Americas, can you just tell
us briefly, you know, what you think the message sends that Paris Hilton got out
of jail after three days, when she was originally supposed to spend 45 days in
jail?
Mr. Edwards: Um, I'm gonna stay out of the Paris Hilton story. Although
I saw it seems to be completely dominating the news, I had the television on
just before I came down. Uh, I still do believe, without regard to Paris Hilton,
that, uh, we have two Americas and I think what's important is, it's obvious
that the problem exists.


I heard this comment before and while there seems to be some question about if he is or is not talking about the young Miss Hilton, I think he is. This sounds to me like one of those no-comment, comments, that you say because you don't want someone to hold you to the message you are delivering. If someone had come out and praised him for talking about Paris Hilton, I am sure he would have accepted that praise.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile