Thursday, June 7, 2007

Number of Republicans in US hits new low - AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth

Number of Republicans in US hits new low - AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth:

"This backs up something I've been feeling in my gut for a while - that the only
remaining people who call themselves Republicans are the Terri Schiavo
Republicans, the loony right-wing fringe. That's why surveys keep showing that
'Republicans' continue to support Bush on Iraq. "


I think this supports what I have been saying for a while, I think that if the right is shrinking - which it may not be shrinking it may be that the base is moving to the right of the party. However if it is shrinking I do not think that this means that the left is growing. I think what this means, or rather I hope what this means is that the center of the spectrum is growing. In a way I think that neither party really represents the center. The center is filled with people who think the war was wrong, but have concerns about Iraq and the state that we are going to leave it in.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile