Friday, July 13, 2007

Huckabee Personally Attacks Michael Moore | Air America Radio

Huckabee Personally Attacks Michael Moore Air America Radio:

"Former Arkansas governor and GOP presidential candidate, Michael Huckabee verbally attacked “Sicko” filmmaker Michael Moore, when he told a group of reporters, 'Frankly,
Michael Moore is an example of why the health care system costs so much in this
country. He clearly is one of the reasons that we have a very expensive system.
I know that from my own personal experience. I know how much more my health care
cost when I didn't take care of myself than when I do take care of myself, not
only in terms of doctor visits but regular diseases, illnesses, chronic things
that come up, monthly prescription bills. All of those things have gone
dramatically down since I've taken care of myself and worked to live a healthier
lifestyle.'"


While I have to point out that Huckabee, an also ran candidate for the White House, is clearly using Moore as a way of getting attention for himself, he does have a point. Moore has said that he is working on improving his health, by eating better and getting more exercise. That doesn't of course solve all the problems of the health system, accidents happen to the most careful and the most healthy.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile