Saturday, November 24, 2007

Talk Back

Dante News Wire: The Megan Meier Police Report: There Are (Almost) No Words#comments#comments#comments:

"On Wednesday, October 21st, city officials enacted an ordinance designed to
address the public outcry for justice in the Megan Meier tragedy. The six member
Board of Aldermen made Internet harassment a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a
$500 fine and 90 days in jail."


I want to see these people pay just as much as the rest of the world. I have my doubts about laws that are passed after an incident like this. It reminds me of the law that was passed in a town in Oregon to ban road rage, it was passed after the wife of a council member has an encounter with an angry driver.

I wonder why they couldn't be charged with "wreckless endangerment", it could be well argued as adults that they knew the danger, or should have known the danger their actions held. My friend a couple years ago threw a piece of rubber off an over pass into traffic - he wasn't aiming at anything, just a thoughtless toss. The police stopped us and told him he could be charged with "wreckless endangerment".

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile