Friday, August 20, 2010

It is times like these that make me love Greg...

Greg connects Dr. Laura's use of the N word on her radio show, with the building of a mosque near ground zero.

In doing so, he makes a solid point. I am sicked by those who oppose the mosque, and want the government to take action. This is America, and the government cannot do that, not while remaining the country so many have fought and died for. I understand people died on Sept. 11, and families are hurt but they are being used by parties on the right with their own agenda. I firmly believe that waving around your grief is not only tacky, but a weak political argument. That is where I agree with Greg the most, this shouldn't be a political discussion like it has been.

The forces against the mosque have turned this into a fight, and a fight demands defensiveness from both sides.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile