Thursday, May 17, 2007

Media Matters - Media reported McCain claim of consistency on abortion, ignored history of waffling

Media Matters - Media reported McCain claim of consistency on abortion, ignored history of waffling:

"Several news outlets uncritically repeated or paraphrased a claim Sen. John
McCain (R-AZ) made during the May 15 Republican presidential debate on Fox News,
in which he said: 'I have kept a consistent position on right to life. And I
haven't changed my position ... on even-numbered years or have changed because
of the different offices that I may be running for.' But, as Media Matters for
America has documented, McCain has in fact waffled on the issue; some
conservatives have responded by accusing him of incoherence and of trying to
appeal to both sides in the debate.Several news outlets uncritically repeated or
paraphrased a claim Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) made during the May 15 Republican
presidential debate on Fox News, in which he said: 'I have kept a consistent
position on right to life. And I haven't changed my position ... on
even-numbered years or have changed because of the different offices that I may
be running for.' But, as Media Matters for America has documented, McCain has in
fact waffled on the issue; some conservatives have responded by accusing him of
incoherence and of trying to appeal to both sides in the debate.Several news
outlets uncritically repeated or paraphrased a claim Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
made during the May 15 Republican presidential debate on Fox News, in which he
said: 'I have kept a consistent position on right to life. And I haven't changed
my position ... on even-numbered years or have changed because of the different
offices that I may be running for.' But, as Media Matters for America has
documented, McCain has in fact waffled on the issue; some conservatives have
responded by accusing him of incoherence and of trying to appeal to both sides
in the debate."


Could it be that the rock of the Republican party has changed his position on Abortion?

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile