Monday, May 7, 2007

Tommy Thompson's Crazy Answer [Oliver Willis: Like Kryptonite To Stupid]

Tommy Thompson's Crazy Answer [Oliver Willis: Like Kryptonite To Stupid]:

"Moderator: Governor Thompson, same theme. If a private employer finds homosexuality immoral, should he be allowed to fire a gay worker?
Thompson: I think that is left up to the individual business. I really sincerely believe that that is an issue that business people have got to make their own determination as to whether or not they should be.
Moderator: OK. So the answer's yes.
Thompson: Yes."

He later said that his hearing aid was not working right, and that is what led him to answer in this way. I think either when he is talking about his hearing aid, he means the radio that fed him his answers, or he is stupid. He is asked the question, and gives an answer consistent with the nature and the content of the question, he is asked to confirm his answer and he does. If he did not understand the question he should have given an answer that didn't fit. In all likelihood if you are in the middle of a presidential debate you would make sure your hearing aid worked ("I'm sorry about bombing Turkey, my wife was offering me turkey on the phone and I miss heard her). You make damn sure you know what the question is, and what your answer is.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile