Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Huckabee unloads on Fred: The would-be emperor has no clothes

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Huckabee unloads on Fred: The would-be emperor has no clothes:

"In an interview I conducted this week in Iowa with presidential candidate
Mike Huckabee, I asked him to explain why Fred Thompson was getting so much
attention before he even enters the presidential race.He said, “I frankly don’t
get it. I mean I’m not being unkind I just don’t understand it because there’s
not a substantial record in the Senate in him having authored the landmark
signature bill that changed America. There’s not been in essence the kind of
thing that says boy I remember when he did and then you fill in the blank. I
think a lot of it is that people aren’t sure whether they’re electing a former
senator or Arthur Branch. Anytime a person is on television a lot and a
celebrity there’s a sense in which people are given a unique pedestal on which
to stand and it’s the celebrity more than it is anything, the attention that
comes from that and the sort of gee whiz factor and I’ve seen him on TV.”"


He makes a couple solid points here. We really know very little about his stand on the issues and what kind of president he would be. Also there is the question of if people are voting for Fred Thompson the actor/lobbyist or are the voting for his character DA Branch. It is my opinion, if and when he joins the race he will sink in the polls quickly. I wonder if he is delaying an entrance in the race, hoping that people will connect more with his DA character than they do with him.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile