Thursday, May 10, 2007

You can't stop a tidal wave with a fork | Salon Technology

You can't stop a tidal wave with a fork Salon Technology:

"May 9, 2007 I would love to blame outsourcing. I would love to agree with CNN's Lou Dobbs that by exporting
jobs to India, greedy American corporations are killing independent businesses.
I could say this is exactly what happened to me, that it explains why I lost my
father's life savings, my company, $4 million and my entrepreneurial American
dream. I could take comfort in the fact that outsourcing swept me away in its
capitalistic tide, and that there was nothing I could do about it. But this is
not what I believe. And these are not the lessons I learned. The truth about
America's small businesses in today's global market is a harder and more
indelible one, it contains seeds of hope, and this is the story I want to tell.
"


If you want to understand globalization, give this a read. It is one of the few things I have enjoyed reading from beginning to end lately.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile