Friday, August 3, 2007

Talk Back

I was really upset about that. I was surprised to see Jane on his show last evening. Instead of calling Jane a liar - which caused me to pour another quick glass of wine and throw a piece of my pizza at the TV set - he could have said something like, "I think you're misinformed." "I respect your opinion, but I really don't see it this way." "Come on, Jane." Anything but a "LIAR!" I was furious. Let's face it; he has a big flaw. For all his experience, education, he is rude. It's his way or no way. I’m on his side of the fence most of the time, but sometimes I'd like to shove a pacifier in his mouth. He just ain’t got no finesse. When you think about it, why does he even have guests on his show since he constantly interrupts them causing we, the viewers, not to understand what the guest is saying?Wow! Hold on! I just had an epiphany! I’ve got it! I'm a genius. He should interview himself. That’s it. He should ask the questions, then put on a mustache and answer himself. However, I'll bet anyone a bottle of wine and a pizza, he'll interrupt himself. He might even call himself a liar! You know, like, get it out of his system.Jane, I've started reading more of your articles. We’re about 50/50, which is cool, I like to see things from different points of view. Bernie, I agree with you quite a bit. I bought one of your books a while back. So Bill won't feel too bad about my advice on a better disposition, I’ll cop out. I’ll confess…I graduated high school with 5 D's. Obviously, I have no credentials to criticize, except having lived a long time and consider myself an expert on getting along with people. Can you imagine, me, with my so-called lack of education, scolding someone who went to Harvard? I think it was Harvard. How cheeky of me. You're actually a nice guy, Bill. You should buy some wine and pizza and really watch yourself. In fact, get your self a director. Then again, why? You wouldn’t listen to him anyhow. Come on, man, grow up. We love you, but stop scrapping your fingernails on the blackboard….

First of all thank you for your great comment.

Second of all, Bill O'Reilly's show for the most part is less focused on an actual discussion of facts and having a real debate, than it is about O'Reilly having a platform to promote his ideas from. You are right about how he treats his guests, and the thing that he doesn't understand is how it turns his viewers against him, and cause them to side with the guests.

Third, there is a difference between being educated and being smart. There are lots of educated people who are not that smart, and there are lots of smart people who just never got that "education". Don't take yourself, or your brain for granted just because you learned about life from life and not from books.

Thank you again for reading and leaving a comment. (PS Pizza makes me hungry)

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile