Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Paper Publishes Larry Craig's Voicemail to his Lawyer - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Paper Publishes Larry Craig's Voicemail to his Lawyer - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime:

"'Yes, Billy, this is Larry Craig calling. You can reach me on my cell.
Arlen Specter is now willing to come out in my defense, arguing that it appears
by all that he knows that I have been railroaded and all that. 'Having all of
that, we have reshaped my statement a little bit to say it is my intent to
resign on Sept. 30. I think it is important for you to make as bold a statement
as you are comfortable with this afternoon, and I would hope you could make it
in front of the cameras. 'I think it would help drive the story that I’m willing
to fight, that I’ve got quality people out there fighting in my defense, and
that this thing could take a new turn or a new shape, it has that potential.
Anyway, give me a buzz or give Mike a buzz on that. We’re headed to my press
conference now. 'Thank you. Bye.' "


In the words of a great song, you have to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run. Senator Craig, now is the time to fold em, and walk away. Before you get to the point where you have to run away.

No comments:

Facebook

Dante Rose Pleiades's Facebook profile